Knowledge, tools, confidence and skills for senior leaders who identify as being from a group currently underrepresented in the service.
This programme is suitable for chief inspectors, superintendents and police staff with equivalent responsibility.
It is assumed that delegates are senior leaders with a broad experience of leadership and supervision.
During the course, delegates will work in a mixed cohort of senior leaders to address the following key themes:
- developing self-awareness and confidence
- sharing experience/peer support
- developing self-directed learning and development
The course will allow you to reflect upon your lived experiences and career challenges whilst:
- improving self-confidence
- developing a strong professional network
- accessing peer support
- learning from role-models
- making clear plans to reach your full potential
Course learning and activities
- imposter syndrome
- psychological safety
- Be Talent Strengths psychometric
- presentation skills
- overcoming unwanted feelings
- individual tutorials
- independent study
- peer coaching and feedback
- executive coaching (three sessions)
Chief inspectors, superintendents and police staff equivalents who identify as being from a group currently underrepresented in the service
Senior management/leadership responsibilities in a policing environment
Free to Home Office forces and core customers
Cancellation fee applies
Delegates will receive exclusive access to College of Policing continuing professional development (CPD) events provided for senior leadership hub alumni from underrepresented backgrounds.
Where possible, delegates are encouraged to attend this programme as the first stage of their College of Policing development pathway before attending the senior leadership development programme (SLDP).