Secondments to the College

How to apply for a secondment role if you are a police officer, police staff or a civil servant.

Police and civilian secondments

All secondments are advertised on the web, force orders, and suitable publications and newspapers as required.

How to apply

Police officers and staff who wish to apply for a secondment post at the College of Policing must complete:

Secondment approval forms should be completed at the same time as the online application form and returned by email to [email protected].

Terms and conditions

All police secondments are based on the guidance for police officer and police staff secondments agreed by the Police Advisory Board for England and Wales, dated December 2013.

The Central Service Allowance (CSA) may apply for police officers and staff.

Police officers and staff applying for a secondment opportunity must have a minimum of recruitment vetting (RV). Prior to submitting an application please contact your force vetting team to check your vetting level.

Civilian secondees remain employed by their home department during the secondment, and their current terms and conditions remain unchanged. In particular, their period of continuous employment will remain unbroken. However, they must comply with College of Policing procedures.

Was this page useful?

Do not provide personal information such as your name or email address in the feedback form. Read our privacy policy for more information on how we use this data

What is the reason for your answer?
I couldn't find what I was looking for
The information wasn't relevant to me
The information is too complicated