Core learning essential for the role of the senior investigating officer (SIO).
The purpose of this module is to further develop the knowledge and skills gained during professionalising investigation programme (PIP) level 2.
On successful completion of the whole programme, learners will be able to undertake the role of a senior investigating officer (SIO) for either major crime or serious and organised crime investigations.
This module provides the core learning essential for the role of the SIO and includes:
- the identification and development of appropriate investigative strategies
- working with partner agencies
- developing the investigative team relationships
- the importance of disclosure and completing case reviews
Registration on the national SIO database as either a major SIO or SOC SIO.
- access to investigations aligned to either major crime (eg, homicide) or serious and organised crime (eg, OCG target operations, counter-terrorism)
- successful completion of PROTA400 introduction to public protection level 1 – and associated public protection modules as appropriate