Response policing week of action
Response policing week of action provides an opportunity to recognise and support the officers and staff who respond to calls for help.
Throughout the week we are:
- sharing resources for response police officers
- sharing case studies from tutor constables working on response
- holding online events to share knowledge and support officer and staff wellbeing
Response is at the core of policing’s crime fighting mission and we must look after the officers and staff who are responding to calls from the public and confronting criminals day and night.
This week of action is an opportunity to celebrate response teams and highlight the wellbeing support and practical guidance the College of Policing offers.
We have created a range of resources specifically with response officers in mind so those in policing’s most demanding roles get the learning and leadership they deserve.
Chief Constable Andy Marsh, College of Policing CEO
Events to take part in
Our online events are run in collaboration with Oscar Kilo, the National Police Wellbeing Service (NPWS). They are open to all officers, staff and volunteers interested in response policing.
To sign up, contact your force lead who will send you the Microsoft Teams meeting invite link. All meetings are being recorded and will be available to watch retrospectively on Knowledge Hub.
Monday 13 June
- Operation Hampshire assaults on police and staff with Dave Brewster, NPWS – 10.30am to 11.30am.
- NPWS peer support with Nigel Pugh, NPWS – 1pm to 2pm.
Tuesday 14 June
- Courageous conversations workshop with Jane Crockett, College of Policing – 10am to 12pm.
- Vulnerability and public protection with Sharon Stratton, College of Policing – 2pm to 2:40pm.
- Sleep and fatigue with Yvonne Taylor and Sophie Bostock, NPWS – 3pm to 3:45pm.
Wednesday 15 June
- Suicide awareness and prevention with Yvonne Taylor, NPWS – 10am to 10:30am.
- Pre-crime, Steven Spielberg and electronic monitoring with Jayne Eldridge, College of Policing, David Cain and Josie Preston, Ministry of Justice – 11am to 11:30am.
- Risk guidelines with Frank Pike, College of Policing – 1pm to 1:30pm.
Thursday 16 June
- Wellbeing and trauma support dogs with Gary Botterill, NPWS – 10am to 10:30am.
- Mental health with Tony Jarred, College of Policing – 11am to 11:45am.
- Parenting network with Carolann Wheatcroft, College of Policing – 1pm to 1:30pm.
- NPWS outreach service with Colin Lewis, NPWS – 2pm to 2:40pm.
Friday 17 June
- College of Policing digital training and ongoing work with Phil Tebbs, College of Policing – 11am to 11:30am.
- Mental health-related incidents and updated learning package with Tony Jared, College of Policing – time to be confirmed.