This page is from APP, the official source of professional practice for policing.
Written by College of Policing
1 min read
The National Police Firearms Training Curriculum (NPFTC) is a programme of nationally accredited firearms training. The curriculum has been developed within a framework of integrated modules and units that together represent a whole programme.
The NPFTC provides:
- a framework for continuing professional development
- consistency and standardisation across the range of training activities
- standardised national procedures and terminology for police use of firearms and related activities
- a vehicle for the promulgation of good practice in response to lessons learnt
- the basis for a professional register of practitioners and managers
- a basis for the development of national, regional and local role profiles (in accordance with the ‘Direction on the compilation of armed policing strategic threat and risk assessments (APSTRAs)’ 2019
Note: access to the NPFTC is restricted to authorised members of the police service.