Homicide prevention framework launched
We've created a new online framework to support forces and policing partners to reduce the number of killings in society. It focuses on tackling specific crime types that can lead to homicide, such as serious violence, alcohol and drug misuse and domestic abuse.
The homicide prevention framework was developed with the National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) and His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS).
It brings together the latest data and evidence and includes:
- a problem-solving guide, with interventions and guidance for tackling crimes that can lead to homicide
- real examples of promising tactics from forces in England and Wales
- a problem profile template for force analysts, to help understand local problems
- a hot spots policing guide for tackling serious violence
- a drug crimes evidence briefing
Resources will be added to the framework as the knowledge bank grows.