Authorised Professional Practice
The National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) National Roads Policing Strategy (2022-2025) is built around four key pillars of activity. These are:
- preventing harm and saving lives
- tackling crime
- driving technology and innovation
- changing minds
Police performance in delivering the national policing plan is monitored through the police performance assessment framework. This includes recording the number of people killed or seriously injured in police force areas in relation to the volume of traffic.
Forces are encouraged to develop a partnership working ethos and common operating procedures and protocols with external responding and investigative agencies. This will ensure that roles, responsibilities and expectations are clearly defined.
For further information see:
- Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) (2011) Guidance for the Outsourcing of Safety Camera Offence Processing and Operational Functions
- ACPO (2013) Motorcycle Safety Strategy 2014-2018
- NPCC (2016) Guide for the operational use of speed and red-light offence detection technology