This page is from APP, the official source of professional practice for policing.
The following documents provide current advice in relation to tackling knife crime.
- Guidelines on the cautioning and charging of knife crime offences.
- Home Office (2022) Statutory guidance: Offensive Weapons Act 2019, parts 3, 4 and 5.
- National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC), Crown Prosecution Service (2020) Knife crime practical guidance. This guidance is for police officers and prosecutors. It provides a single source of information using linking and referencing, to support officers and prosecutors dealing with knife crime cases. The guidance:
- reduces the need for repeated consultations or adjournments to reduce criminal justice delays
- reduces the time spent researching multiple sources for guidance about knife crime
- supports effective investigative and decision-making processes
In addition, the College of Policing and NPCC have worked together to develop a knife crime problem solving guide.