This page is from APP, the official source of professional practice for policing.
The following documents provide current advice in relation to tackling knife crime:
- Guidelines on the Investigation, Cautioning and Charging of Knife Crime Offences (Word document) 578 KB.
- NPCC, CPS (2020) Knife Crime Practical Guidance.
This guidance is for police officers and prosecutors. It provides a single source of information using linking and referencing, to support officers and prosecutors dealing with knife crime cases,
The guidance will:
- reduce the need for repeated consultations or adjournments to reduce criminal justice delays
- reduce the time spent researching multiple sources for guidance about knife crime
- supports effective investigative and decision-making processes
In addition, the College of Policing and NPCC have worked together to develop a knife crime problem solving guide (PDF) 1.6 MB.