a combined basic search user and advanced search user course.
This course enables users to:
- access and use the PND
- appropriately interrogate the PND, utilising available search facilities
- interpret information retrieved from the PND, using the full suite of search facilities available
- explain the relationship between basic and advanced PND search functions
- export data from the PND.
This course covers how to:
- appropriately use the PND
- plan PND searches
- search and interrogate the PND
- interpret PND information returned
- present PND information
- appropriately share PND information
- use automated and advanced search functions
- print and export data from the PND
RV or NPPV2 vetting.
It is essential that learners are conversant with:
It is advisable that learners:
Individuals who will be required to use the PND for advanced research and intelligence gathering and analysis purposes, but have not completed the basic PND search user training course yet.
- This is an assessed course, meaning an 80% pass mark needs to be achieved in order to successfully complete the course.
- This course does not cover local practices and processes for the use of the PND, as it is expected that these will be covered locally.
- This consolidated course covers the content of both the PND basic search user course and the PND advanced search user course. These courses can be delivered separately for those who prefer to attend our basic PND search user course (three days) first and consolidate this learning in the workplace, before returning to complete the advanced PND search user course (1.5 days).
At present, the College does not deliver PND search user courses as part of its scheduled ICT training, but can deliver them where a specific demand for this training exists.
This could either be delivered at the College’s Ryton site or at an organisation’s own site, provided the venue meets the PND system’s technical requirements.