Terms of reference, meeting minutes and details of the professional committee.
The professional committee, chaired by the College chief executive (CEO), is a core part of the College’s infrastructure. It has representation from across policing including PCCs and the various staff associations.
The professional committee is a committee of the College board of directors. It has delegated authority from the board, as defined in its terms of reference. It oversees national standard setting for the police profession on behalf of the board and supports the College's wider strategic objectives.
The committee provides scrutiny and advice to ensure that national standards are based on the best possible evidence, drawing on good practice across all sectors. It promotes an inclusive and consultative approach to the development of national standards and is committed to working with other public service providers to improve multi-agency working and deliver better outcomes for the public.
The chair of the committee will be the College chief executive officer.
The committee’s membership comprises representatives from:
- National Police Chiefs’ Council (3)
- National Crime Agency (2)
- The Metropolitan Police Service (1)
- Police Service of Northern Ireland (1)
- Police Superintendents’ Association of England and Wales (1)
- Police Federation of England and Wales (3)
- Police Staff Council Trade Unions (1)
- Association of Special Constabulary Officers (1)
- Association of Police and Crime Commissioners (2)
- Chief Police Officers’ Staff Association (1)
- Academic Member (1)