Find out how to apply to the bursary scheme and download an application form.
How to apply
To apply for a College bursary, you need to complete an application form. We also encourage applicants to complete an equal opportunities monitoring form.
See the application guidance for support with completing your application form.
You must return your forms to [email protected] by 11:59pm on Monday 3 April 2023. The forms will be available on this page until the application closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
At the point of application, you need to be currently undertaking or be in the process of applying for a relevant programme of study that meets the criteria. If you are awarded funding, you must provide us with confirmation of your application or study status from the academic provider.
Your line manager and your force’s learning and development (L&D) lead or equivalent must endorse your application.
We suggest approaching your L&D lead by Monday 27 March 2023 to process your application. There may be different arrangements in your force, so check beforehand with your L&D lead.
Get in touch
Contact [email protected] if you:
- have any further questions about the bursary scheme
- would like the forms provided in an alternative format
- Identify the Level 6 (or above) course that you wish to study and check this against the eligibility criteria.
- Find out how much tuition fees are for the years 2023/24 and 2024/25 from the course provider.
- Start a conversation with your line manager about your intended application for the College bursary.
- Contact your L&D lead (or equivalent) in your force to find out when you need to submit your application to them to be endorsed. We advise forwarding your application to your L&D lead for sign off by Monday 27 March 2023.
- Complete the bursary application form with reference to the guidance notes for applicants and the information about the bursary scheme.
- Obtain your line manager and L&D lead's endorsement for your application.
- Once all sections of the application form have been completed, submit your application and equal opportunities monitoring form to the College bursary team by 11.59pm on Monday 3 April 2023.
After you've submitted your application
How we choose successful recipients
Once we've received your application form, it's assessed by College staff and external assessors against specific scoring criteria. This criteria is used to shortlist potential recipients. Shortlisted applications are then considered by a panel of assessors, who agree the successful applicants.
The equal opportunities monitoring form is used for monitoring purposes and is not considered during the assessment of your application.
The College bursary is a competitive process. Due to the high level of interest in the scheme, we try to ensure that awards reflect ranks and roles broadly in line with the makeup of the police service and applicants. Under this year’s scheme, we expect to award bursaries to around 70 recipients.
Updates for applicants
This page will be updated with progress of the assessment process. Applicants will be notified whether or not they have been successful by email. All applicants will be notified of the outcome in August 2023.
Provide feedback about the application process
We are committed to providing a quality service and working in an open, transparent and accountable way. You can provide feedback about the process through our Contact us form.