Access, create, update and manage ViSOR nominals on the ViSOR database.
This course enables users to:
- confidently access and use the ViSOR application
- apply appropriate national standards
- comply with relevant legislation
This course covers:
- a history and overview of ViSOR
- the ViSOR record and management structure
- how to find ViSOR nominal records
- how to create ViSOR nominals
- how to maintain and update ViSOR nominals
- advanced searching of ViSOR nominals
- how to use management facilities
- how to use the system administration functionality
RV or NPPV2 vetting.
It is essential that learners:
It is advisable that learners:
Individuals who will be undertaking the role of creator, partner, manager, supervisor, additional supervisor, local point of contact (LPC) and/or central point of contact (CPC) within ViSOR.
These roles may be undertaken by offender managers and NOMS ViSOR administrators, however this may differ per organisation. Essentially, anyone involved in the management of ViSOR nominals on the ViSOR database should attend this course.
- No previous ViSOR experience is required, as this course will cover all of the available functionality.
- This is an assessed course, meaning an 80% pass mark needs to be achieved in order to successfully complete the course.
At present, the College does not deliver the ViSOR end user courses as part of its scheduled ICT training, but can deliver them where a specific demand for this training exists.
This could either be delivered at the College’s Ryton site at or at an organisation’s own site, provided the venue meets the ViSOR system’s technical requirements.