A session for underrepresented groups who wish to develop their senior leadership skills and may apply to the strategic command course (SCC) within one to five years.
For police officers and staff (superintendents, chief superintendents/police staff equivalents) who identify with a group underrepresented in senior policing, and are interested in reaching chief officer level within the next five years.
The Senior Leaders Development Centre (SLDC) is an intensive two-day session that mirrors the environment of an executive-level assessment centre in order to provide you with a realistic experience in a supportive learning environment.
- Have the opportunity to focus on your strengths and areas for development, which will support your progression in the workplace and towards chief officer roles.
- Complete assessment exercises, equivalent to those used in the assessment process for the SCC, and then participate in one-to-one feedback discussions with qualified assessors to identify key learning points to develop your approach to similar tasks and issues back in the workplace.
- Explore the exercises through facilitated group discussions with peers and assessors, as well as being encouraged to commit time to self-reflection to really optimise this learning opportunity.
You will be supported through further developmental opportunities both prior to and following attendance. This will help you identify further opportunities to master your development areas back in the workplace.
Following the SLDC, you will be invited to join students on the next SCC for half a day, to learn more about the course and see how it is delivered.
You will meet with the students over lunch, and participate in one or more of the day's sessions.
Later, you will join one of the syndicate groups, when they reflect on the day's learning. You will not be put on the spot, and there is no obligation to apply for the SCC after attending however, through demystifying the process and giving you a better understanding of what is involved, we hope you might be encouraged to consider applying in the future.
To express interest in the event please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next sessions take place at the College of Policing, Harperley Hall, between the following dates:
- Monday 22 to Thursday 25 November
- Monday 29 to Thursday 2 December
Applications are currently open and will close at midday on Friday 15 October. The Expression of Interest form can be found in the table above in the Additional documents section.