Deliver PND basic search user and PND advanced search user training locally within your own organisation.
This course enables individuals to:
- prepare for the delivery of PND basic search user and advanced search user training within their own organisation
- access and use the PND training environment
- identify any local content that needs to be included within the local delivery of the PND basic search user and advanced search user training
This course covers how to:
- appropriately use the PND
- plan PND searches
- search and interrogate the PND
- interpret PND information returned
- present PND information
- appropriately share PND information
- use automated and advanced search functions
- deliver PND search training locally
RV or NPPV2 vetting.
It is essential that learners are conversant with:
It is advisable that learners:
Individuals with a nationally recognised trainer qualification at level 3 or above, who will be responsible to deliver PND search user training locally.
- This is a specialist course which can only be run by the College.
- At the end of the course, learners will be required to complete all PND final course assessments. The minimum pass mark for each assessment is 80%.
- This course does not cover how to be a trainer or general principles of adult learning, methodologies and practices. It is anticipated that all learners will hold a nationally recognised trainer qualification and be competent in these areas.
- Learners will be provided with the relevant national training materials for the PND basic search user and PND advanced search user courses to deliver this training within their own organisation. Time will be made available during the course to localise these materials.
- In order to be able to deliver PND search user training locally, your organisation requires a College of Policing licence that includes the PND licence schedule. This has been arranged with most Home Office forces, but if you work for a different organisation, please check that you hold the relevant licence. If not, contact the ICT training team to set this up.
Scheduled PND train the trainer courses run periodically at the College’s Ryton site.