Use the basic PND search functionality, ensuring a consistent and standardised approach among its users.
This course enables users to:
- access and use the PND
- appropriately interrogate the PND, utilising available search facilities
- interpret information retrieved from the PND
This course covers how to:
- appropriately use the PND
- plan PND searches
- search and interrogate the PND
- interpret PND information returned
- present PND information
- appropriately share PND information
- use automated search functions
RV or NPPV2 vetting.
It is essential that learners are conversant with:
It is advisable (but not essential) that learners:
Individuals required to use the PND for basic research and intelligence gathering purposes.
- This is an assessed course, meaning an 80% pass mark needs to be achieved in order to successfully complete the course.
- This course does not cover local practices and processes for the use of the PND, as it is expected that these will be covered separately to this course.
- A follow-up course is available for users who require advanced PND search user functionality (1.5 days). Alternatively, users who require both basic and advanced functionality can opt to attend the consolidated PND search user course (four days) instead.
At present, the College does not deliver PND search user courses as part of its scheduled ICT training, but can deliver them where a specific demand for this training exists.
This could either be delivered at the College’s Ryton site or at an organisation’s own site, provided the venue meets the PND system’s technical requirements.