Use the advanced PND search functionality.
This course enables users to:
- explain the relationship between basic and advanced PND search functions
- appropriately interrogate the PND, utilising available advanced search facilities
- interpret information retrieved from the PND using advanced search facilities
- export data from the PND
This course covers:
- how basic POLE searching supports the use of advanced search functions
- how to use automated searching (refresher)
- how to use advanced PND search functions
- how to print and export data from PND
RV or NPPV2 vetting.
It is essential that learners have successfully completed the PND basic search user course (three days) prior to attending the advanced course.
Individuals who have already completed the basic PND search user course and are required to use the PND for advanced research and intelligence gathering purposes as well.
One and a half days.
- This is an assessed course, meaning an 80% pass mark needs to be achieved in order to successfully complete the course.
- This course does not cover local practices and processes for the use of the PND, as it is expected that these will be covered locally.
- Users who require both basic and advanced PND search user functionality can opt to attend the consolidated PND search user course (four days) instead.
At present, the College does not deliver PND search user courses as part of its scheduled ICT training, but can deliver them where a specific demand for this training exists.
This could either be delivered at the College’s Ryton site or at an organisation’s own site, provided the venue meets the PND system’s technical requirements.