Use the vehicle online descriptive searching (VODS) capability within the PNC.
This course enables users to:
- describe the structure of the vehicle tables
- successfully plan for conducting VODS searches
- conduct a VODS search using the VODS search screens
- conduct a VODS uninsured search
- explain the purpose of and utilise the VODS index file
This course covers how:
- to apply disclosure rules to VODS searching
- to utilise the directory tables appropriately for VODS searching
- to utilise the vehicle tables for VODS searching
- to plan for VODS searches
- to complete PND VODS screens 1 and 2 to conduct searches
- to apply suppression to VODS searching
- to utilise SIS VODS screens
- to conduct a VODS uninsured search
- the VODS index file can impact on searching
RV or NPPV2 vetting.
It is essential that learners:
Individuals who are required to conduct VODS descriptive searches on the PNC vehicle file.
This is an assessed course, meaning an 80% pass mark needs to be achieved in order to successfully complete the course.
Scheduled PNC VODS courses run periodically at the College’s Ryton site.
This course can also be delivered locally at an organisation’s own site, provided the venue meets the PNC system’s technical requirements.