Relevant legislation, business rules and functionality associated with the use of the vehicle and property enquiry functionality of the PNC.
This course enables users to:
- access the PNC
- conduct vehicle and property enquiries
- navigate through records in the vehicle and property files
- interpret information held on records within the vehicle and property files
- apply the required national standards in relation to the use of the PNC
This course covers how to:
- access the PNC
- use the bulletin board and directory tables
- conduct vehicle enquiries and the format of records within the vehicle file
- conduct property file searches and descriptive property searches
- handle transaction log enquiries
RV or NPPV2 vetting.
It is essential that learners complete the PNC enquiry pre-course workbook prior to attending the course.
Individuals who will be required to perform vehicle and property enquiry searches on the PNC.
Two and a half days.
- No previous experience of the PNC is required to attend this course.
- This is an assessed course, meaning an 80% pass mark needs to be achieved in order to successfully complete the course.
- Learners who require PNC names enquiry training as well as vehicle and property enquiry training are recommended to attend the consolidated PNC vehicle, property and name enquiry course (5 days) instead.
- If your organisation does not have access to the PNC property file, the College can also deliver a tailored course for your organisation without the property element.
At present, the College does not deliver PNC vehicle and property enquiry courses as part of its scheduled ICT training, but can deliver them where a specific demand for this training exists.
This could either be delivered at the College’s Ryton site or at an organisation’s own site, provided the venue meets the PNC system’s technical requirements.