All relevant legislation, business rules and functionality associated with the names enquiry functionality of the PNC
This course enables users to:
- access the PNC
- conduct names enquiries
- navigate through records in the names files
- interpret information held on records within the names files
- apply the required national standards in relation to the use of the PNC
This course covers how to:
- access the PNC
- use the bulletin board and directory tables
- conduct names enquiry searches and the format of PNC names records
- conduct disqualified driver searches
- conduct driving licence searches
- handle transaction log enquiries
Vetting requirements: RV or NPPV2.
It is essential that each learner completes the PNC enquiry pre-course workbook prior to attending the course.
Individuals who will be required to perform names enquiry searches on the PNC.
- No previous experience of the PNC is required to attend this course.
- This is an assessed course, meaning an 80% pass mark needs to be achieved to successfully complete the course.
- Learners who require PNC vehicle and property enquiry training as well as names enquiry training are recommended to attend the consolidated PNC vehicle, property and name enquiry course (five days) instead.
- If your organisation does not have full access to the names file and uses restricted transaction codes, the College can also deliver a tailored course specific to your needs.
At present, the College does not deliver PNC names enquiry courses as part of its scheduled ICT training, but can deliver them where a specific demand for this training exists.
This could either be delivered at the College’s Ryton site or at an organisation’s own site, provided the venue meets the PNC system’s technical requirements.