A flexible approach to learning for those who are in, or aspire to be in crime prevention roles.
The programme comprises six modules which can be taken as a block or individually:
- an introduction to crime prevention (two days)
- security products (e-learning module) (three hours)
- site surveying (three days)
- multi-agency problem solving (three days)
- running a crime prevention initiative (two days)
- designing out crime (10 days)
The first five modules have been designed to provide the learning required by anyone who is fulfilling the role of crime prevention officer, community safety officer or equivalent.
The designing out crime module is intended for those who carry out the role of a crime prevention design advisor/architectural liaison officer.
Police crime prevention initiatives
The College of Policing sets the standards for crime prevention training, where the learning standards are defined in the national policing curriculum.
It uses a blended learning approach including classroom, e-learning, work-based and self-study.