Integrate effectively into counter-corruption units and to actively manage investigations.
To develop managers' skills and knowledge to allow them to integrate effectively into counter corruption units and to actively manage investigations.
- standardise counter corruption training delivery for managers new to the field of counter corruption
- create a pre-course solution to accommodate, as much as possible, the different skill levels of managers
- provide guidance and processes in line with the Authorised Professional Practice (APP) to enable managers to conduct and manage counter corruption investigations
- develop an interactive product that maximises learning
- provide managers with the opportunity to apply learning to a hydra exercise
Subjects covered include:
- purpose of counter-corruption units
- investigative mindset
- indoctrination and decision making
- policy files
- Managing a covert counter corruption investigation
- role of an analyst
- guidance and role of CPS in corruption cases
- investigative strategies
- post-investigation issues
- understanding digital media and telecommunications
Methods of delivery
Speakers, group work and a Hydra exercise.
Delegates should have completed the management of serious crime investigators development programme (MSCIDP) or detective inspectors development programme (DIDP), or counter-corruption investigator course, or possess prior experience.
Managers directly involved in heading counter corruption units and/or managing counter corruption investigations, who are experienced investigators, in post up to 12 months or yet to start in the field of counter-corruption.
Home Office forces (non-residential):
£1,375 (1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021)
The residential programme is delivered Monday to Friday. It starts at 10am on Monday and finishes early afternoon on Friday.