Police and civilian secondments

All secondments are advertised on the Internet, force orders, and suitable publications and newspapers as required.

How to apply

Police officers and staff who wish to apply for a secondment post at the College of Policing must complete the police secondee application form ("Application for Central Service Appointment within the College of Policing"). This form must be signed off by chief officers and/or HR, so you will need to take this into account so that we receive your application by the closing date.

If you are a police staff member or a police officer interested in professional placements outside policing you can find a useful toolkit and case studies on the College Membership Professional Placements Area

Terms and conditions

All police officer secondments are made on the Central Services Agreement for Police Officers seconded to Central Service.

Civilian secondees remain employed by their force/home department during the secondment, and their current terms and conditions remain unchanged. In particular, their period of continuous employment will remain unbroken. However, they must comply with College of Policing procedures.

The College of Policing uses cookies to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content and other services available on the site. By continuing to use our site, you are agreeing for us to set a small number of cookies. You can manage your preferences for Cookies at any time, for more information please see our Cookies Policy.